|Bain & Company is recruiting undergrads for Associate Consultant positions for applicants graduating in Fall ’14, Spring ’15, and Summer ’15
WHAT: Bain & Company Information Session
WHEN: 7:00 PM, Monday, September 15th
WHERE: Student Success Center (Presidents Suites A&B)
NEXT STEPS: Resume, cover letter, and transcript due on Thursday, September 18th. All applicants must submit on both CareerBuzz and www.joinbain.com
Georgia Tech Class of 2015,
Greetings! We are Georgia Tech alums writing on behalf of Bain & Company, a global top-tier management consulting firm. Bain has had great success hiring outstanding Georgia Tech students, and we’ll be returning to campus for an information session on Monday, September 15th at 7pm in the Student Success Center’s President’s Suites A and B. We wanted to send this note in advance of that event so that you can start thinking about the opportunities and challenges that a career in consulting—and Bain in particular—can provide.
Maybe you’re considering a career in business, and you want to see how CEOs identify and target their most critical strategic challenges. Maybe you’ve decided that you similarly want to start your own company. Or perhaps you want to round out your education with a few years of work experience before enrolling in a top graduate school. Associate Consultants (ACs) at Bain have diverse and ambitious goals, and the experiences you’ll gain in consulting can equip you for tremendous success.
What is strategy consulting?
- Consultants offer their advice and skill in solving business problems for companies who need expertise and an outside perspective. Some consulting firms specialize by industry (like financial services or retail), while others are known as technology specialists. Bain is a strategy consulting firm, which means we help our clients make big decisions in regards to corporate strategy, operations, mergers and acquisitions, technology, and organization. We serve companies across industries and geographies
What does an Associate Consultant do?
- Day to day, Associate Consultants (ACs) work within case teams of ~4-10 colleagues. Any AC will tell you that no two days are alike, but in general the responsibilities of an AC are to find the right information, complete analyses, and interpret and communicate the insights. ACs’ work becomes the basis of the team’s strategic recommendations.
- The AC position is an unparalleled opportunity to gain broad business exposure in an environment where learning is the primary reward. Within 2-3 years, you will have acquired an expedited and diverse business experience. These credentials win Bain alumni access to highly competitive career paths, from industry to private equity, and the world’s most elite business and advanced degree programs (such as Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, and Booth). For those interested, we also offer full tuition reimbursement to ACs pursuing an MBA.
- “Best Firm to Work For” (Consulting Magazine, Vault, and Glassdoor.com). For 11 years, Consulting Magazine has rated Bain & Company the best place to work – in recent months, Vault and Glassdoor.com also honored us with the same award! Check out their articles, and ask us why we agree with them—we all have our own reasons.
- Unique, entrepreneurial office culture. Working at Bain is fun! We hire engaging, creative people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and we genuinely enjoy spending time together—during work hours as well as when we’re off the clock.
Applying to Bain
We’re looking for smart, driven people who have demonstrated a passion for results during their time at Georgia Tech. Bain recruits come from diverse backgrounds and all academic majors. Recent Tech hires studied everything from Biomedical Engineering to Economics and participated in various activities, including campus organizations, professional societies, varsity sports, and co-op and study abroad programs.
Bain’s recruiting process is extremely competitive, and it occurs within a very compressed timeframe. As a result, it’s a good idea to get started applying early. Here’s what you can do now:
- Learn more about Bain by visiting our websites: www.bain.com and www.joinbain.com
- Follow us on Twitter. The handle @Bain_AC is managed by an Atlanta AC who tweets regularly about his daily life and loves to answer questions
- Plan to attend our information session on September 15th at 7:00pm in the President’s Suites A and B (in the Student Success Center)
- Start preparing your resume, cover letter, and transcript—they’re due on Thursday, September 18th. You can submit your application on www.joinbain.com and CareerBuzz. We recommend that you hold off on completing your application until after you’ve attended the info session.
- Get a head start on preparing for case interviews. It’s never too early to start practicing! Check out some of Bain’s interview preparation resources here- http://www.joinbain.com/apply-to-bain/interview-preparation/.
Feel free to reach out to Kelsey Jackson (email@example.com), our Recruiting Coordinator, or any of us with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to seeing you on campus in a few weeks!